Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Winter Essentials

I've never been much of a "winter shopper." Since it doesn't get very cold in Texas, I've always been the "wear spring, summer blouses and throw a jacket/blazer over it" type of girl. Well, let me tell you guys-since I've started blogging, I've become obsessed with winter clothes. Within the last month, I've already purchased about twenty sweaters (Hi everyone, my name is Jayda and I am a shopaholic).  And if you don't think that's bad, I have even more winter items hanging out in my online Wish Lists. Faux fur vests are still a hot trend, but I'm especially loving this unique and dramatic vest from Nasty Gal. The Kate Spade embellished tights are a must have as well. The little touch of sparkle adds sophistication to any party dress. And let's not forget; every woman needs a bold, red lip for those cold winter nights. I have purchased this cream lip stain from Sephora more times than I can count. It's the perfect shade of red and stays on forever! Here are some other winter essentials that have been sitting in my shopping carts:

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9






Hope you were inspired to try something new! xo

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Don't you love it?! Found a cheaper version here at Nordstrom, item number: 878522

      Delete
  2. Great ensemble choices. I need a hat like that in my wardrobe. :-)
    Happy New Year, Beautiful.

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! A hat like this will also transition well into the spring and will look great at those summer music festivals!! Happy New Year to you as well!

      Delete
  3. Hi Beautiful,

    Your blog is absolutely lovely; the layout highlights your fabulous style perfectly!
    Ah how I wish I lived in Texas and could by sweater for pleasure; trust me, its much less enjoyable when you're wearing two in NYC because you're freezing! Even just "undressing" (aka getting down to short sleeves) for outfit posts when the weather s 20-30 degrees is a pain!

    Charming leopard print; keep up the fabulous work and stay in touch!
    (I've just followed your blog on Google; it would be very nice if you would consider following mine as well--if only to remember that it exists!)

    I'm a new blogger, and I find it easy to get people to look at my site once, but getting people to actually subscribe....tricky tricky! I still haven't tapped into the secret.

    Wishing you a beautiful evening,
    Natalia
    themodernsophisticate.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalia,

      Oh my goodness! You are too sweet! Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to read my blog! And I can definitely understand your pain! I lived in New Hampshire for 4 years and let me tell ya, snowsuits were my best friend (definitely not fashionable). But, now that I'm back in Texas, if it gets below 50, I'm freaking out (I don't know how I survived in NH). And honestly, your blog is so professionally done and your topics definitely fall under my must reads! It's a no brainer to follow your blog! Done and done :)

      I look forward to staying in touch and possibly collaborate in the future :)

      Have a fantastic evening,
      Jayda

      Delete
  4. **could buy sweaters for pleasure (typos are intolerable!)

    ReplyDelete