Friday, April 18, 2014

Style 101: Get J.Lo's American Idol Look For Less

Lately I have been feeling like J.Lo can do no wrong in the fashion department. I’ve always admired her fearlessness when it came to trying or even making her own trends. And recently, she has wowed me with every outfit. And this ensemble she wore to an American Idol taping, is one of my current favorites. Her hot pink J Brand Auden top is sold out (of course) but went for $195. And her matching J Brand Sateen Super Skinny jeans come in at $185. She finished the look off with a pair of Christian Louboutin So Kate pumps. The So Kate pumps come in so many variations and J.Lo is rocking the tan python pair with this look. The basic, black patent So Kate pump has a $625 price tag! I wasn’t able to find the exact price of J.Lo’s specific pair, but I can guess that they’re definitely out of my price range. I wanted to recreate this look for less because although it’s simple, it’s so chic and bright colors are a must for the spring!

Get her all-pink look for less below!



This Asos Crepe Boxy Tee is the perfect alternative to J.Lo’s Auden top. I love the black zipper detail on the back of the top. It definitely gives the top a bit of an edge! And the longer sleeves give the top a classic look. The tee is so versatile and can be worn with anything from a form fitting midi skirt to relaxed, distressed boyfriend jeans.


These Forever 21 ankle length jeans were the best match to J.Lo’s without going over budget. Who would have thought it would be so hard to find an affordable pair of hot pink skinny jeans? I love this bright bubble gum pink color and the fit looks amazing!


Love, love, love the Aldo Kristina pump! This shoe is the closest comparison to J.Lo’s Christian Louboutin So Kate pumps. The Kristina heel has the same tan color, reptile like texture, and height that the So Kate has. And these gorgeous shoes from Aldo cost much less than those popular red bottoms but the Kristina pump still has that sexiness and fabulousness that the So Kate has.

Finish this look off with a sleek ponytail, sparkling studs, and your favorite gold bangles! 





Hope you were inspired to try something new! xo





4 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Need to pop this little girl out so I can build up my closet again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Beautiful blog :) I'm following you on GFC and waiting follow me back :)
    xoxo
    www.pisimel.com

    ReplyDelete