Saturday, January 31, 2015

My Trip to Luxembourg

I had the best time in Luxembourg with my friend Brooke, her family, and my mom. We arrived in Luxembourg on January 20th, since we had an overnight flight from Dallas to London on the 19th-then we took a short flight from London to Luxembourg. This was my first trip out of the country and the first time I'd been on a plane for more than 4 hours-and let me tell you, my mom and I were prepared with Chamomile and Sleepytime Tea, red wine, and several downloaded Ibooks. But of course, we passed out as soon as we finished watching The Equalizer, which was featured on the plane movie collection. Arriving in Luxembourg was surreal. The country is beautiful and full of unique homes, exceptional landscaping, and gorgeous buildings. While we were in Luxembourg, Brooke took us to Trier-which was only a short drive away, Grund, Luxembourg-which was the lower city, Mersch, and Downtown Luxembourg. Well, enough of my rambling-here are some photos from our amazing visit!


Grund, Luxembourg
 In this photo, you can see the wall that separates Grund from the centre of Luxembourg City. Grund rests in a valley below the centre.
 This house sat right in the middle of a cave wall. It was beautiful and so unique.
 My mom and I in front of a small canal that ran through Grund. And, yes we are matching :) Since my mom is always super busy with work, she has a habit of sending me to buy things for her and once I bought this jacket for myself, I already knew she would want it as well. 
The gorgeous view of Grund from the centre. 


Centre of Luxembourg City
My friend Brooke and I. We met four years ago at Texas Tech, and we've been friends ever since! Miss you already!
Brooke and I had dinner with two of her friends that live near Luxembourg and my meal was awesome! I had a steak kabob and below was my apple crisp dessert. The flavors were amazing and my entire meal was so delicious.


Trier, Germany 
 Porta Nigra 
Waiting for my delicious waffle at Belgisches Waffelhaus. 

Check out my visit to Paris, France and Brussels, Belgium next week!

Here are some of the items I wore during my visit:



 Hope you were inspired to try something new! xo


4 comments:

  1. You got great pictures! So glad you got come! Can't wait to see next weeks post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And seriously me too! We really did have a great time with ya'll! Can't wait for you guys to come to Dallas!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great time! Glad y'all had fun! Cant wait to see the pictures from Paris & Brussels! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was amazing! We had a really fun time!

      Delete