Monday, February 2, 2015

My Trip To Paris, France

Paris was absolutely amazing! I could visit Paris over and over again-I'm already planning a trip back for 2017 with one of my best friends. My mom, Brooke, Brynn (Brooke's adorable 6-month-old daughter) and I took a train from Luxembourg to Paris-and we arrived in Paris 3 hours later. 
Mom, Brooke, and I ready for our overnight trip to Paris, France.

Once we arrived in Paris, we checked into our hotel, L'Ocean. The hotel was perfect, and the staff was so kind and accommodating! After we settled into our rooms, we ventured out to the Champs-Élysées. There, we walked to the Arc de Triomphe and window shopped at some amazing clothing boutiques. 
Hotel De L'Ocean Paris, France
Hotel De L'Ocean Paris, France
Our great views from the hotel room. Every building looked like a work of art.

After taking the typical tourist photo at the Arc de Triomphe and walking through the Louis Vuitton Flagship store, we headed to Le Deauville located in the middle of the Champs-Élysées. Our dinner was great. My mom ordered a salmon dish, Brooke chose a fish and chips combo, and I went with steak and fries. My steak was cooked to perfection and was complemented with a special sauce! Our waiter was awesome and extremely helpful when it came to reading the menu. He was even nice enough to take a photo of the three of us. 
Le Deauville Paris, France
Le Deauville Paris, France
Le Deauville Paris, France
Le Deauville Paris, France

We finished our meals at Le Deauville and we all agreed that Ladurée was obviously the best destination for dessert. I experienced Ladurée for the first time in Soho, during my visit to New York last September-but Ladurée in Paris was a totally different experience. It was a sweet lover's dream. I stocked up on macaroons and bought a Ladurée keychain as a souvenir. 
Laduree Paris, France
Laduree Paris, France
Laduree Paris, France

With full bellies, we took a metro to The Louvre. There, we saw the portrait of Mona Lisa, Marly Horses, Aphrodite (Venus de Milo), Winged Victory of Samothrace, and so much more. All of it was truly breathtaking! We could have spent days at The Louvre. It was also so much fun to see artists hanging around the museum as they sketched some of these masterpieces. The Louvre is definitely one of the coolest places I've ever been. 
Outside The Louvre.
Artists sketching the Marly Horses.
Winged Victory of Samothrace.

Later that night, we went to see the Eiffel Tower at night and it was so surreal-and we were lucky enough to get a quick glimpse of the Eiffel Tower's light show. And by the time we reached the Eiffel Tower, we had definitely walked off our dinner and dessert, and made room for crêpes-because who doesn't make room for crêpes? There was a small crêpe shop right across from the Eiffel Tower. My mom (chocolate lover) and Brooke ordered Nutella crêpes and I got a honey and banana crêpe. It was a great end to our first night in Paris!
This crêpe shop was amazing! Watching him make the crêpe was so cool and of course getting to eat the crêpes was even better!

We woke up early the next morning to see the Eiffel Tower during the day and seeing it again was just as amazing as the first time. The weather was perfect-the sky was a little foggy, but you could see the sun peeking out from behind the clouds. 
Eiffel Tower
Eiffel Tower
Eiffel Tower

After our short trip back to the Eiffel Tower, we went back to the hotel lobby to relax a bit. Later, I explored Paris by myself, got a little lost, then asked for directions, only to be led the wrong way-but came across tons of fun boutiques, and I finally somehow found my way back to the hotel again. My mom joined me on a walk to a hallway of shops-it seriously looked like a scene from Harry Potter. 
Some delicious sweets in a Paris bakery.

Once we got back to the hotel, Brynn was asleep, so Brooke and my mom went to see Sacré-Cœur Basilica. They were able to take a trolley up to the church and took amazing photos of Paris. Once they returned to the hotel, we made our way to the Paris train station, ate dinner, shopped, and headed back to Luxembourg. 
Sacré-Cœur Basilica
Sacré-Cœur Basilica
My beautiful mom!
Sacré-Cœur Basilica


I hope you enjoyed the photos from my short trip to Paris, France. Check back later this week for my Brussels, Belgium post.


Hope you were inspired to try something new! xo








4 comments:

  1. All of the pictures of sweets definitely intrigued my sweet tooth. One day I will visit Paris!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turning away from Paris bakeries was the hardest part of the trip! They're everywhere and all of the sweets look so delicious! You must visit! The city itself is so beautiful!

      xo, Jayda

      Delete
  2. Paris is so beautiful. Loving all of your pictures. I can't believe at my age, I still haven't visited Europe yet!


    http://the-party-dress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is's even more beautiful in person! You have to go!

      xo, Jayda

      Delete