Monday, February 23, 2015

Style Crush Saturday

I have followed Helena Glazer of Brooklyn Blonde for years. I've always admired her minimalistic and sophisticated style. She is also the perfect example of maximizing your closet by combining different styles with her classic yet edgy ensembles. I love how she pairs a structured, button down blouse with distressed denim and super chic pumps. I definitely have to give her credit for convincing me to try pointed-toe pumps-and now I'm addicted! And her blazer and coat collection could make anyone a tad green with envy. I chose this particular look for my Style Crush Saturday because it is so versatile. A patterned blouse is a must for building your wardrobe. You can dress it up with a pencil skirt, keep it dressy casual like Helena did with distressed denim and heels, or make it casual with denim shorts and converse sneakers. 
Helena of Brooklyn Blonde in Equipment, AG Denim, Schutz, Chanel and Hermès.
Check out her post here.

But, just because a patterned blouse is a great addition to your closet, it doesn't have to be expensive. Even though I absolutely love Helena's Equipment blouse, it retails for over $200. I have to be budget conscious and snagged this look-a-like from Loft, which was originally $60 and is now on sale for less than $35. Some of my most popular posts have been "look for less" posts, so I wanted to show you firsthand how you can recreate your favorite looks while maintaining your own personal style. You may have noticed I went with a pair of high waisted jeans versus the low rise style Helena wore. When recreating looks, remember to make it work for you. I'm curvy on the bottom, so one of the most flattering denim styles on me is the high waisted silhouette, and I typically don't wear baby blue, so I went with a neutral colored blouse. Don't be afraid to add your personal twist to your favorite fashion inspirations. Make it your own! Here's how I styled Helena's look:



Hope you were inspired to try something new! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment