Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Style 101: How To Pick the Perfect Clutch

Ladies,

So lately I have been absolutely obsessed with clutches. Oversized, beaded, fold-over, envelope, box, and even woven. You name it-I love it. Clutches are just so easy and a fun way to spice up a simple outfit. And there's just something so sophisticated about a clutch. Now that spring is here (or slowly trying to appear in Texas), I've seen clutches in so many different shapes, colors, and textures. I recently purchased this simple, yet super chic, Whistles Clutch from ASOS. I love the texture and the crisp white! It'll be hard not to pair this with basically every outfit in my closet-but remember, it's all about changing it up every now and then. Getting back to topic...clutches are definitely in right now and in my opinion, they're a classic. And a tip for stretching your buck is to buy clutches with a chain so that you can dress it down and wear it as a crossbody! It's basically two bags for the price of one! Below, I put some of my favorites at all different price points! P.S. Right now, thanks to St. Patty's Day, ASOS, is giving customers 20% off all full priced items-just enter the code: LUCKYDUCK at the checkout.

For my Statement Makers: When wearing all-over patterned, sequined, or studded clutches, I personally like to keep them small in size so that they don't overpower my outfit or look too gaudy.



Lovers of Simplicity: A simple fold-over, envelope, or zip-top clutch does not equal boring! Try a vibrant color, textured pattern, or even fringes/tassles.


Pretty Pastels: Since pastel colors are the biggest trend right now, why not?! If you aren't sure a current trend will match your personal style, try it out one baby step at a time. Start with smaller pieces that cost less and build your wardrobe from there.



Hope you guys were inspired to try something new! xo














5 comments:

  1. Love it! I just recently bought a Steve Madden red and gold clutch from Ross for about 14.99 and I've grown addicted to clutches since the fall! How ironic that your first blog is about clutches! #tell me more! ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love them! They make an outfit look so polished and neat!

      Delete
  2. Thanks!! Because of your blog I recently purchased a clutch to wear to a wedding. Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete