Friday, April 4, 2014

Style 101: How To Build Your Wardrobe

One thing that I find to be a woman’s biggest struggle is deciding what pieces to splurge on. Building your wardrobe can be difficult if you don’t start with the basics. There are four items that I think every woman should have in her closet. And these pieces can be a bit more expensive than most items in your closet. But trust me; they are worth the pennies. These items are classic, staple pieces that can transition from day to night, from the office to the lounge, and can be worn all year-round. You won’t regret these investment pieces which I also like to call outfit builders. But for those who are unsure about making that pricey fashion commitment (my current situation), I've found alternatives to the splurge items! Happy shopping!

The Perfect Black Blazer


I love everything about this blazer! The structure, fabric, and versatility. The Becky Jacket is as stated online-a must have. This blazer can be worn as is or you can easily adjust the sleeves to ¾ for a more casual and relaxed look. At $328 this is definitely an investment piece and since it is silk, that means costly upkeep with regular visits to your local cleaners. But I swear it’s worth it. I have been in love with this piece for years and it will probably be one of my first “big girl” purchase with my first future “big girl” paycheck. 


Even though no one does it quite like Rebecca, this Trouvé blazer is an amazing alternative to the splurge Becky Jacket. The Trouvé jacket is structured with straight lines (rather than curved like most blazers) and has chic detailing around the neck. This blazer is also versatile and can be worn at full length or ¾ sleeve.

The Ultimate Pointed Toe Pump


The Manolo Blahnik BB Pump is the “it” pointed toe pump right now. And the brand has created a whole new way to shop the BB Pump. You can create your own pair by choosing a heel height and color. It’s basically amazing! I would own every single color in the height 115mm if it weren’t for the $595 price tag. If I could only choose one color, it would be the Nude Patent because it’s a neutral and can be worn with anything-dresses, pants suits, dress shorts, skirts. Your options are endless with a shoe like this. 


The Charles David ‘Katya’ Pump in Nude is simple, sophisticated, and looks expensive! Which also translates to three inarguable reasons to buy these shoes.

The Flirty Fit and Flare Dress


The fit and flare silhouette is flattering on women of different body shapes, sizes, and height. It’s girly and fun but can also be paired with a blazer for a dressy, sophisticated occasion. And what’s great about this style is that it’s so popular that there are tons of color and pattern variations. I’m such a sucker for Clover Canyon’s beautiful prints and the Cuban Step Printed Neoprene dress is absolutely gorgeous and incorporates two of my favorite colors-pink and green.


Now you guys already know I’m obsessed with Zara and it took everything in me not to buy this super cute fit and flare dress during my latest mall visits. It’s fun but also sexy with the black mesh and nude combo. A must buy before the end of the month!

The Everyday Handbag


I’ve always said, every woman deserves a nice, designer handbag. A purse can really make or break an outfit and should not be neglected in the shopping process. Now let’s discuss functionality-you have to decide what works for you. A pretty bag is worthless if it doesn’t meet your everyday needs. One of my must haves on a handbag is a cross-body strap. I am constantly on the go with my cell phone in one hand and a water bottle in the other so having the option of being hands-free is a necessity for me. That’s why I chose this Valentino Double Handle Bag. And of course I had to pick the blush pink color. It’s girly but also edgy with stud detail and I love that it is structured. One of my pet peeves is when I set my bag down and it just flops down. This bag is perfect! But the price tag is a different story coming in at $2075.


The Michael Kors Large Selma handbag is very similar to the Valentino splurge handbag. The shape is almost identical with top handles and cross-body strap. The Selma comes in a rich cognac color and is structured. It’s versatile and is much nicer on the wallet at $358. 




Hope you were inspired to try something new! xo

2 comments:

  1. Loved how you explained the "Thought behind the Pieces." Especially loved that you provided a wallet-friendly alternative that was just as nice. Thanks for a great blog! :) #tell me more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome and wonderful collection of women accessories. How nice are the accessories are! Everyone should prefer from your wish list. You have a wonderful color combination collection of fall Black Blazer,jacket
    ,pumps,hand-bag summer dress.
    I would like to share an information about fashion.

    ReplyDelete