Monday, October 27, 2014

Style 101: My Skin Care Routine

I have searched high and low for the perfect combination of skin care products to cure the problem areas on my face. Even though I have never dealt with severe acne, I've always had breakouts and redness on my forehead and cheeks. Since my face is about two shades lighter than the rest of my body, I wear makeup about 75% of the time, and I'm sure that hasn't helped my case. Before my current skin care routine, I tried several different brands and products-some were super expensive and others were moderately priced, but nothing worked. I still continued to struggle with my combination skin-that is until I discovered these amazing and affordable products! Now, what works for me may not work for you...it's kind of a trial and error. But I do believe these products belong to great brands that offer other products that may work perfectly for you! Click the links below for details.

These are the best makeup remover towelettes I have ever used. I was a faithful Neutrogena user, but when a friend recommended these towelettes by Burt's Bees, I never looked back! They smell wonderful and leave your face clean and fresh without feeling oily. 
This cleanser has improved my skin in more ways than one. It reduced my breakouts and redness, evened my skin texture, and just completely improved the overall look and feel of my skin. It's super lightweight and a little goes a long way! I've had this full size bottle since mid August and I use it every morning and night, and I haven't even used half of it. I bought the travel size cleanser to test it out and I refill that bottle when I travel!
I was never a fan of toners because of the strong smell and the way it left my skin burning. I randomly grabbed this at target because I was on a crazy "let me just buy anything that looks cool" shopping spree that day. And let me tell ya, I'm so glad I discovered this product! It smells so fresh and natural (which it is), and it has diminished my stubborn blemishes.
If you have combination skin, you understand how difficult it is to find a moisturizer that takes care of the dry spots, but doesn't appear oily. My skin is very oily on my nose and forehead, but it's very dry around my mouth and eyes. This is the best moisturizer I have tried. It looks amazing under makeup and I never have to moisturize throughout the day or pat my face where oil usually settles. It lasts forever and a little goes a long way with this product. 
My under eye area has been the toughest to find a good product for. My allergies affect my under eye area the worst and I have difficulty keeping that area hydrated. This cream is thick and very moisturizing. I apply this every night and I am very happy with the results. The area under my eyes is softer and the skin is more plump and smoother. This cream by Mario Badescu beats any expensive hydrating treatment I've done with a dermatologist and any other cream I've tried (and trust me, I've tried tons). 








Hope you were inspired to try something new! xo

2 comments:

  1. I totally get what you mean, Jayda! I spent a lot of years getting to know my skin, and when I finally found the right combination of skin care products, I've never strayed from them again. You have a list of great products. No wonder your skin is glowing! Thanks for sharing that with us and stay pretty! :)

    James Griffin @ Evolution Medical Spa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You're too sweet! I'm glad you approve of my personal skin care regimen! :)

      Delete