Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Style 101: My March Favorites

Now that March is over, I wanted to share a few of my favorite beauty products that I discovered last month!


The first product is the CK One Color 3-In-1 Foundation. I love this liquid foundation because it has a built in primer, so that’s one less step for your everyday makeup regimen. The foundation goes on easily and leaves your skin looking flawless and glowing. I tend to get oily throughout the day, especially on my nose, but with CK One Foundation, I don’t even need to blot my face or add finishing powder. This foundation is amazing. And for $30, it’s affordable compared to similar name brand foundations. 

This Donna Karan Cashmere Mist Deodorant works wonders! The smell is soft and fresh but not overpowering, so it doesn’t clash with any perfumes. I have very sensitive skin and this deodorant has never made me break out or left my underarm irritated. In fact, the area under my arms is softer since I’ve started using this product. The price is a little high at $19, but I swear it is worth it. I have been using this for about a year now, and I can’t see myself ever going back to drugstore deodorants. BTW, Nordstrom is the only retailer that sells this product for $19. Anywhere else I’ve found DK Cashmere Mist Deodorant, it has been $22.

I’ve never been much of a lipstick or lipgloss kind of girl, so when lip tints and stains became a “thing,” I decided to give it a try. The first lip stain I purchased was this Tarte Lipsurgence Lip Tint in Amused which is a bright pink color. I’ve had it for about 6 months and I still have quite a ways to go until I need to buy a new one. And I have been using it nonstop! It leaves your lips looking so soft and the color pigment is amazing. The tint adds a great shine to your lips and stays on for a while, even after drinking and eating. I have probably only reapplied it once after a big dinner.

I am always interested in facial products. Since I am a recent graduate, I don’t currently have the extra spending money to go and get a facial every two weeks so I love discovering great at-home masks and facials. One that I swear by is this SkinCeuticals Clarifying Clay Masque. When used consistently, this mask minimizes pores and leaves your skin feeling fresh and clean. My dermatologist recommended this mask to me and I have been using it ever since! Like I said before, I have extremely sensitive skin and this mask does wonders for my skin. I can immediately feel the difference in the texture of my skin after removing the mask. Compared to other masks, this one trumps them all. The quality of this $51 SkinCeuticals mask is better than high end masks that go for $250 and up. 

Most drugstore brand mascaras have worked better for me than high end mascaras I’ve tried like Dior, Laura Mercier, and Smashbox. And this Almay Intense-I Color Volumizing Mascara does not disappoint. I am on my second tube of this particular mascara and I love it. The first one I bought was in the color Sapphire (which was totally by mistake-I meant to get midnight) and I got so many compliments. The mascara has a black base with a hint of blue. It’s not a bright blue, but more subtle so you can get more wear out of it. The second tube I bought was in the color Plum which I love as well. The mascara lengthens and thickens your natural eyelashes without clumping them. I got this mascara for $7.99 which is super cheap compared to other popular mascara brands.

My final favorite product is the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Cleanser. I have repurchased this item more times than I can count. I wash my face with this cleanser every evening and it really refreshes my skin. The cleanser is gentle on the face but tough on dirt and oil. This brand is approved by my dermatologist and has improved my skin since I first started using it. And don’t be turned off by the $23 price tag. This 4.2 fl. Oz. container will last you forever. All you need to do the job is a small, pea size amount. This product goes a long way and is worth every penny. 






Hope you were inspired to try something new! xo

1 comment: