Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Summer To Fall Transition: Episode 5

Well ladies, the Summer to Fall Transition series has come to a close with the final episode. For the last episode of this particular series, I decided to take you all to a place I absolutely love-the State Fair of Texas. As a true Texan, I have been to more State Fairs than I can remember. And every year it never disappoints. Each and every year, the fair hosts amazingly creative fried foods, awesome entertainment, and unique cultural activities. This year was no different! Of course, I had to stay loyal to my State Fair favs-fried boudin balls and frozen sweet tea (both are indescribably delicious). I also made room for sausage on a stick and this year's Big Tex Choice Awards Winner, fried shrimp boil which was a fried ball of corn, potatoes and shrimp. Everything was amazing...even the weather! Click the links below for details.


For this look, I kept it casual but added dressy accessories. My go to shoes are my converse shoes! They go with everything, and since it is still too warm for boots but too chilly for sandals, my chucks have come in handy! And don't think jeans have to boring! I paired my favorite jeans with a sheer, plaid blouse with bright orange lace trim on the side. Don't be afraid to mix and match casual pieces with dressy ones.

Top: Hinge (old, similar here)
Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Mini 5 Zip (my color is sold out)
Earrings: BaubleBar Boho Earrings (my color is sold out)
Sunglasses: Marc by Marc Jacobs 
Hand Chain: Forever 21 (sold out, similar here)
Bracelet: Gorjana (old, similar here)
Rings: Streets of NYC








Hope you were inspired to try something new! xo

5 comments:

  1. Love, Love, Love the State Fair and those Boudain Balls! ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jayda, your site is FABULOUS with many helpful recommendations! I will be following you and your blog!!! I love clothes, shoes, jewelry, etc. To look good is to feel good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! I'm so glad you love it!!

      Delete
  3. Love your blog!
    I've been looking for someone to shop with, with a good sense of fashion. I tend to have a little trouble putting outfits together. Would you be interested in assisting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Of course! :) I'm always happy to lend a helping hand!! Email me at jaydasstylehandbook@gmail.com

      Delete